The bitter yet beneficial melon: Bitter gourd
One of the popular vegetables in every India household, bitter gourd, or karela has amazing medicinal values and its consumption can bring in some wonderful changes to one’s body. Typically grown in the tropical zones of the world, like Amazon basin, few parts of south America, Caribbean island, east Africa etc., this vegetable is a major part of the food habits of many places.
A bitter gourd is quite bitter in taste, but also offers a wide array of health benefits. Here are some of them.
- Acts as a blood purifier
- Helps in weight loss
- Improves immunity due to powerful antiviral properties
- Lowers blood sugar levels through insulin-like protein
- Helps to get rid of acne, skin blemishes and infections
- Prevents cancer and blood clots
Sweet and tangy Jamun
Contrary to bitter gourd which tastes pretty obnoxious, Jamun is fun to consume due to its sweet and tangy flavour. A widely used summer fruit, it is associated with many medicinal benefits, as it is loaded with nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin B, calcium, iron, minerals, protein, carbohydrates, glucose, fructose, fibre, antioxidants, magnesium, and potassium. Also known as Java Plum, this fruit mainly originates in the East India region and grows well in the Tropics. Here are some of the benefits it offers.
- Acts as an anti-cancer herb for having high levels of antioxidants
- The presence of Jambosin compounds, alkaloid and useful Jambolin glycosides help to treat diabetes.
- The high potassium content makes it beneficial for a healthy heart
- Colon system works properly and constipation is treated due to the presence of 0.9 grams/100 grams of fiber.
- Jamun is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron that keeps bone and teeth healthy.
Other than these, this fruit also increases immunity, fights lymphatic disorders, helps RBC formation, deals with asthma and much more.
The importance of Karela Jamun juice in everyday life
The Karela Jamun juice is one of the best medical beverages that treats an array of diseases and also fights a number of health conditions. Both bitter guard and java plum are rich in ingredients such as B1, B2, C, and B3 vitamins, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, carbohydrates, fibre, iron, protein, and other nutrients. The manufacturers who make this juice usually use three types of ingredients: Eugenia jumbo, Momordica Charantia, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate (to help protect flavour), and Citric Acid (Acidity Regulator).
Below are some of the super medicinal benefits and uses of this wonderful juice.
- This juice is perfect for anyone who wants to lower blood sugar levels, as the combination of things like peptides, alkaloids and charantin, with insulin secretion elements help to fight diabetes.
- Both jamun and karela have anti- cancer effects, and the natural oxidants help to stop the growth of tumors.
- Assists in hassle-free digestive system.
- The ingredients are rich in natural antioxidants and enhance body immunity.
- The juice has nutrients such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Biotin and Zinc, that maintain healthy skin and lustrous hair.
- Having it in empty stomach also aids in weight loss.
For babies: 10ml twice a day.
for 5 to 12 years old: 20ml twice a day
for 13 and above: 30 ml twice a day.
Rest, as directed by doctor.
The side effects of Karela Jamun juice
- Overconsumption can hamper digestion and affect vital organ functioning.
- People who are no diabetic must refrain from its usage.
- Shouldn’t be consumed before or after surgeries.